Cash App has added one more string of features by allowing direct deposits for paychecks. In this way, Cash App is getting one step closer to becoming a fully functional traditional bank without actually being a bank account.
A Cash App user needs to give their account and routing number to their employer to receive a direct deposit in their Cash App account. Cash App will notify the user as soon as their employer deposit their paychecks into their Cash App account.
Once deposited, users can use the amount via Cash App Card, transfer to another bank account, send to friends and family or buy Bitcoins on Cash App.
How to Enable Direct Deposit on Cash App
To receive the direct deposit on Cash App you need to first activate this feature on your Cash App. Moreover, you must first ensure that you have your Cash App Card activated for your account because if you do not have Cash Card you will not be able to activate the direct deposit. Please also note that a user must be at least 18 years of age to enable and enjoy these features on Cash App.
The direct deposit feature on Cash App is absolutely free and the money is directly deposited to your Cash App account that can be used with their Cash Card. It is similar to any traditional bank but with more benefits.
You just need to share your account number and routing number with your employer to start receiving paychecks through direct deposit on Cash App.
How to Set Up Direct Deposit On Cash App
It is very easy to set up a direct deposit on your Cash App. Here are the steps that you need to follow for a hassle-free setup:
- Open the Cash App on your iPhone or Android.
- Select the “My Cash” tab indicated by a dollar symbol on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Now click on the “Cash” button.
- Scroll down to the “Direct Deposit” option and click on “Get Account Number”.
- Next, a pop-up screen will appear. Click on “Enable Account”.
- Now click on “Copy Account Details” on the next screen.
- Tap on “Copy Routing Number” to copy it directly to your clipboard and then share it with any messenger or email to send it to your employer.
Cash App Direct Deposit Time
The direct deposit on Cash App from your employer or any ACH sender may take up to 1-5 business days to appear in your Cash App account. If it has been more than 5 business days and you have still not received your amount in your account then Contact Cash App to resolve your issue immediately. The sender may have entered the wrong routing number by mistake. So you need to confirm with the sender about it.
Benefits Of Cash App Direct Deposit
- Easier to give a paycheck to employees.
- Employees get a notification when funds hit their accounts.
- Direct deposit transfer adjusted like a normal cash app balance. The account holder can purchase, transfer the fund or withdraw using a cash card.
- If you looking for an early transfer, the cash app direct deposit does not play quite well. Direct deposit takes 2 banking days to be credited into an account.
(FAQ) About Direct Deposit
You must have a bank account to open a cash app account. Without a bank account neither you can open a cash app account nor a set up direct deposit.
It takes 2-5 business days to fund credited by direct deposit to hit your account. You will get a notification when funds get credited to your account.
Cash app Direct deposit is beneficial for both an employer and employees both. For the employer it reduces their effort and time deploy to maintain paychecks and for an employee, it enables them to have their salary directly into their Cash app account and they can transfer it to their bank account or spend it directly using a cash app card.
To get a routing number open your cash app and tap on my cash tab at the bottom left corner of the screen.
✔ “Tap on cash” tab with a Green dollar sign next to it.”
✔ “Find direct deposit” then tap “get account number”
✔ “tap enable account” then tap “copy account details” to get account numbers.”
✔ “Paste it on a file, email, or message to share with your employer.”
It may take up to 1-5 business days from the scheduled date for direct deposits to arrive in your Cash App account.