If you wish to secure the Square Cash App account from any phishing or misuse then you need to know about the Security Lock. This page includes what is Cash App security lock, how to disable Security Lock on Cash and what is the security lock for, etc
What is the Security Lock on Cash App?
Security lock on your phone is highly recommended and perhaps required in today’s world of cyber hacking, scams, and fraudulent behavior.
It’s a given that the Cash App application needs additional security protection to keep your personal data safe from unauthorized snoopers.
Various Types of Security Locks on Cash App
It’s reasonable to say that Cash App boasts top-notch security measures and locking mechanisms.
Different types of security locks are available to keep scammers from your payment application. An overview of all of them may be found here:-
Either Face ID or Touch ID
This feature permits and ensures that only the real individual can use the app to send and receive money with Face or Touch authentication.
Using a PIN Code
It is your PIN that protects your login, and you can change it at any time if you feel your account has been compromised or if you have reason to believe it has been.
You will receive a push notification, email, and SMS from the cash app when money is sent or received from your wallet, respectively.
Cash App encrypts and secures all of your personal and financial data.
As a result, Cash App protects your Cash App account by requiring Touch ID/PIN verification before you can make any transactions or changes to your Cash App account.
Moreover, if your account’s security lock is not activated, you will be unable to log in. Have no fear; it’s simple to enable in your Cash App account’s “Privacy and Security” section
How to activate the Cash App Security Lock?
Steps on how to enable Touch ID and Cash App PIN:-
- To get started, open the Cash App and create an account.
- Go to the top-right corner of the screen and select the profile icon.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click on the Privacy and Security tab.
- Turn on the security lock, enter your PIN, or use Touch ID if your device supports it.
Please take note that this PIN is identical to the PIN on your Cash Card.
How to reset the PIN for the Cash App Security Lock?
As previously stated, your Cash App PIN and Cash Card both have an identical PIN number that must be entered in order to complete a transaction. If you forget the PIN and try to disable the security lock then just reset the pin and it’s done.
Thus, if you’ve forgotten your Cash App PIN, simply follow the instructions below to reset it:-
- Using either an Android or iPhone device, you need to tap on the Cash App to open.
- Next, from the home screen, select the profile icon.
- Select “Privacy” from the profile menu.
- Change the cash PIN by tapping the “Change Cash PIN” option.
- Tap on ‘Forgot Cash PIN’ if you forget your Cash App PIN.
- You will receive a verification code through email or SMS to set up a new Cash App PIN.
- After that enter the code you received for verification and then “Set the New PIN”.
- Touch ID can also be used to reset the PIN on an iPhone.
- To complete the PIN change, you must input the new PIN twice.
As the Cash App is for transferring and receiving money using the online mode it might sometimes lead to failed transactions or someone might have an eye on your account to use it. You can easily complete the process and stay relaxed as you have changed your PIN and set a Security Lock to your Cash App Account.