Cash app is a free payments app and even if you do not use it, you will not be paying any fee to keep the account active. However, many people want to try some other app or are concern about the security of their bank account, or they just don’t use the app anymore and this may lead them to completely delete their Cash App account. So here you will get to know how to delete the Cash App account permanently.
How To Delete Cash App Account On iPhone
- Open the Cash App on your iPhone.
- Make sure you have zero balance in your Cash App before you proceed to delete it. If you still have money in your account then transfer the amount by clicking on the “Cash Out” option.
- Now click on the account symbol indicated by a person in a circle located at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Next, click on the “Support” option in the menu.
- Now, click on the “Something Else”.
- Then go to “Account Settings”.
- Open the Account menu and come down to the “Close My Cash App Account” option.
- Now click on the “Confirm Closing Account”. As you tap on this option, you will be signed out of the Cash App and a text or email will be sent to you confirming the deactivation or closing of your Cash App account.
- Now you can delete or uninstall the Cash App from your mobile phone.
- You have successfully deleted the Cash App from your mobile.
Important Points To Remember Before You Delete Your Cash App Account
- Once you delete your Cash App account, you can not access your payment history
- You will not be able to deactivate your account if you have any pending payments or deposits on Cash App. Therefore, clear all your pending transactions before proceeding to deactivate your Cash App account.
- You can ask for your payment history from Cash App whenever you want before deleting your account. Once you deactivate, you can not ask for payment history information.
- You must cancel all your subscription made through Cash App before deactivating your Cash App account.
- Always remember that creating a Cash App account is completely free so even after you deactivate your account on Cash App, you can create a new one anytime.