It is not actually possible to directly transfer money from Google Pay to Cash App. However, there are other ways by which you can transfer money from Google Pay. But before jumping to that process, first, you need to set up Google pay on your mobile.
Process to Set Up Google Pay
Check out these following steps to set up Google Pay on your mobile:
- If you have not yet downloaded then download the Google Pay app from Google Play or App Store on your Android or iOS device respectively.
- As soon as you install the app, register yourself with your Google account.
- Now launch the Google Pay app and proceed as instructed for set up.
- Now add a payment method on Google Pay. But first, you must set up security by activating Screen Lock on the Android device. You can also opt to use a PIN, pattern, password, fingerprint, or retinae scanning screen locks. The security feature is the same as it is for your smartphone.
- You will be asked to enter your full name, contact details like a phone number or email address, and your birth details.
Add Payment Methods on Google Pay
Now before you can do anything with your Google Pay, you must first set up a payment method to use it anywhere. You get the option to add multiple payment methods on Google Pay. Here are the steps to follow to add Debit or Credit card on Google Pay:
- Open the Google Pay app and then tap on the menu option and select the Google account you want to use for adding your financial specifications.
- Then click on the “My Cards” and then hit on the “+” icon.
- Next, you need to click the “Add a credit or debit card”.
- Now either enter the card details manually or scan the card with your phone’s camera to capture it. You can not send money with your Credit cards on iOS devices.
- On the next page, you may be required to verify your payment method. A verification code will be sent to your email and phone number.
- Now enter the verification code and authenticate your payment method.
- If any error message pops up like “This Card Can’t be Added”, then the card you are trying to add may not be acceptable on Google Pay or you may have entered the wrong card details.
- Either cross-check the card details or use any other card.
To Add A Bank Account On Google Pay:
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on “Send,” then decide how much money you want to send and whom.
- Click on the “Send” once again.
- Click on the “Change,” just next to the payment method, then select “Add bank account.”
- On the next page, provide your bank account details.
- Then click on Save. It is very easy to verify your account instantly by just signing into your bank account, or by confirming the amount of a small deposit, which may take a few days.
- Once verified, you are ready to use your bank account on Google Pay.
How to Add Cash Card to Google Pay from Cash App
- Click on the Cash Card icon on your Cash App home screen
- Now click on the image of your Cash Card
- Now choose “Add to Google Pay”.
- Then follow the instructions and proceed to add.
Add Cash Card to Google Pay
- Open the app Google Pay and click on the “+” to add the Payment Method.
- Now follow the steps given above to add Debit Cards on Google Pay.
How to Transfer Money From Google Pay to Cash App?
As mentioned earlier, you can not transfer money to Cash App from Google pay directly but you can first transfer money to the linked bank account and then add money to Cash App.