This blog is about how you can separate your two Cash App accounts. In many cases when you merge your accounts it’s difficult to send or transfer money. Once accounts are unmerged you can easily split bills, and request or transfer money to relatives and merchants.
If accounts are merged you cannot use both the Cash app accounts as one will be inactive, especially the old one. After losing the previous account, you will need to activate the old account in order to merge to a new account.
Sometimes you might forget the password which leads to losing access to the account. In such cases, users register into a new account and then merge with the old account. But, few simply register their account with the new phone number and email.
However, if the previous account has some money left in it you will surely want to obtain back the money. The contact and history of the transactions might be lost if you create a new account.
How can I unmerge accounts on Cash App?
Those users have combined their accounts and literally facing issues this is the answer to the question.
Follow the steps and complete the process of unmerging:-
- From your smartphone, click Cash App to open.
- Next, go to the Personal section.
- Select the option “Phone Number”.
- Choose the phone and then eliminate it from the account in order to unmerge the account. Make sure the number you want to delete is attached to the account.
- After that, remove the emails you included while merging the account.
Do not want to lose the old account along with the data follow the procedure:-
- Login to the Cash App with old credentials i.e. old phone number and email address.
- Click on “Activate Cash app card” and next connect the previous bank account to the new account of the Cash app.
- Now, move to the “Cash support” tab and click the “Can’t Access Old Account” option.
- After that, raise a request to customer support in order to merge the new account with the old one.
- Make sure to have the details handy as customer support might ask for more info.
- After completing the verification process both accounts will be merged, and the new account to merge with the current old account.
Is it possible to unmerge Cash App Accounts?
Yes, you can easily separate merged cash app accounts into two. There will be two phone numbers and emails IDs for separate accounts.
A verification process needs to be performed to validate that you own the phone numbers and email IDs during registration.
Data entered into the Cash app accounts can be similar but make sure that information is not fake otherwise the account will be blocked.
How can I merge Cash App Account?
Suppose you want to merge the accounts after separating them then follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Click Cash App.
- Pick the Profile tab.
- Tap the Personal option from the Profile tab.
- Now, add the phone number in order to link the other account of the cash app.
- If you have an email id you can add an email address to link both the accounts.
The process of merging and unmerging is easy to follow up. Hope this blog will help you in completing the procedure. We are not advertising Cash App or related to them. Just for an information basis, this content has been created to guide the users so that they do not face issues while unmerging.Need Help? Call Now: +1-806-451-4682